These Pumpkin Sunflower crisps are very easy to make but they can be very addictive. Crunchy and crispy, these festive cookies will be very popular during the forthcoming Chinese Lunar New Year.
Recipe for Pumpkin Sunflower crisps
- 2 egg whites about 60 gm, lightly beaten
- 80 gm caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp/1 oz melted butter
- 50 gm plain flour
- 75 gm pumpkin kernels
- 75 gm sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl, add in sugar, mix well.
- Make a well in the centre, add in the melted butter, lightly beaten egg whites and vanilla. Mix till well combined.
- Let dough rest for 30 mins.
- Drop 1 level tsp of batter onto a parchment lined baking tray. Using the back of the spoon spread thinly to any shape taking care not to overlap the seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 8 to 10 mins. taking care not to overbake.
- Let cool in tray for a while before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store crisps in an air-tight cookie jar.
- Yield : 50 crisps
I'm submitting this post to the Bake Along event hosted by
Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings and the theme is 'Chinese New Year Cookies'.