This is a very simple and homely dish which I tasted during my recent trip to Beijing. It was done without onions but I added in some to enhance the taste. This was well received as it was light and refreshing with the added crunch from the cloud ears and not so oily as the other dishes which we had.
Recipe for Stir-fry eggs with cloud ears and onions
- 10 gm cloud ears in its dried state, soaked, stemmed and cut
- 2 eggs lightly beaten + some salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- Drizzle of light soya sauce
- Lightly beat up the eggs and add in some salt and pepper.
- Heat up some oil in a wok, stir-fry the onions for a while, dish out.
- Toss in some cloud ears, stir-fry. Push the cloud ears aside and pour in the eggs, give it a quick stir and mix with the cloud ears.
- Toss in the pre-fried onions, add a drizzle of light soya sauce and mix well.
- Dish out and serve immediately.