Friday, December 19, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes with Choco Glaze 香草杯子蛋糕
- 195 gm plain flour
- 1.1/2 tsp baking powder
- 113 gm unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 130 gm caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1.1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 120 gm /4 oz cooking chocolate
- 42 gm butter
- 1.1/2 Tbsp golden syrup
- Melt all the above ingredients in a big bowl over a pot of simmering water. Mix well, remove from heat and let it thicken for about 10 mins. Pour the mixture into a measuring cup.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt OR just whisk these in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, then add in the sugar and beat till light and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well. If the mixture curdles, it doesn't matter for the mixture will smoothen out once the dry ingredients are added in.
- Fold in the flour alternatively with the milk, starting with flour and ending with flour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the batter into the lightly greased muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 15 to 16 mins. till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 mins. before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cupcakes, sprinkle on some coloured sprinkles as desired.
- Yield : 12 cupcakes
All the best for 2015!
Monday, December 15, 2014
Thursday, December 11, 2014
- 2 pieces of fish fillet about 125 gm each, seasoned with some salt
- 6 beancurd puffs cut into half
- 50 gm beancurd sticks, soaked and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 pips of garlic, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp black bean
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken
- 2.1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil for frying
- Heat up some oil in a wok, fry the chopped garlic and ginger till fragrant, toss in the black beans, stir-fry.
- Add in water, let it simmer, add in the beancurd sticks and puffs, continue to simmer.
- Add in the fish fillet, simmer till cooked. Fine tune to taste and add in the cornflour thickening.
- Dish out and serve.
- Sprinkle on some chilli slices and spring onions if desired.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Monday, December 8, 2014
There are many ways that you can enjoy with leftover Panettone. You can use some slices to make a bread pudding, a rum cake or a trifle but I took the easy way out and made them into French toast. They were very fragrant when they were being heated up in the pan, thanks to the cinnamon. But I reckon that the easiest and quickest way is to just simply toast them which I did with some.
Recipe for Panettone French Toast 法国土司面包
- 3 slices of Panettone
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Oil or butter (I used vege oil)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Fresh fruits, honey or maple syrup for serving
- Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a dish.
- Soak the slices of Panettone in the above mixture for about 10 mins., pressing down the slices to ensure that they are thoroughly soaked through.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry the egg soaked slices till golden brown on each side.
- Dish out and drain on a paper kitchen towel.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with some fresh fruits, honey or maple syrup.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
court train A-line off the shoulder tulle satin beading wedding dress
ankle length trumpet mermaid sweetheart taffeta ruffle wedding dress
chapel train A-line straps sating embroidery wedding dress
floor-length A-line straps tulle satin beading wedding dress
- ► 2016 (95)
- ► 2015 (83)
- ▼ December (7)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (85)
- ► 2011 (116)
- ► 2010 (172)