This is another homey dish which will pair very well with plain white porridge. I spotted this dish in an economy rice stall the other day and then I remembered that I haven't had this dish for a long, long time.......
Recipe for Mince Meat with Anchovies 葱炒肉碎江鱼仔
- 250 gm minced pork, seasoned with a pinch of salt
- 50 gm anchovies
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 1 Tbsp tau cheong/bean paste
- Sugar to taste
- Heat up some oil in a pan and shallow fry the anchovies till light brown and a bit crispy.
- Dish out, set aside.
- Saute the bean paste till fragrant, add in the minced pork, stir-fry till cooked.
- If dish is too dry, sprinkle on some water, add in the sliced onions, stir-fry.
- Toss in the chilli and the anchovies and add sugar to taste.
- Dish out and serve.