This is an absolutely fuss-free, quick and easy to whip up dessert made with leftover packets of soymilk from the recent festive season. Added in some longan and it became a most welcoming dessert to beat the heat in this scorching weather!
Recipe for Longan Soymilk Agar Agar ~ 菜燕龙眼豆花
- 10 gm agar agar powder
- 1 litre soymilk, slightly sweetened
- 1/2 cup longan syrup
- 60 gm sugar
- 2 to 3 pieces of pandan/screwpine leaves, knotted
- 1 can of longan, cut into quarters
- In a pot, dissolve agar agar powder in soya milk.
- Add in longan syrup, sugar and pandan leaves. Keep stirring and bring to a light boil over low heat.
- Mix in the quartered longan.
- Ladle the mixture into moulds, let cool.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve.