When I saw a mooncake post with Ferrero Rocher on My Little Space's blog, last year, I was very much taken in by Kristy's idea. The Ferrero Rocher will be a very good 'stand in' for a salted egg yolk and I'm sure that the lotus paste with some nutty chocolate will be a good combination too.
Recipe for Lotus with Ferrero Rocher Mooncake ~ 2015
- 150 gm superfine flour
- 90 ml golden syrup
- 38 ml vegetable oil
- 2 gm alkaline water
- Egg glaze - 1 whole egg, beaten and strain.
- 600 gm lotus paste
- 6 Ferrero Rocher (about 20 gm each)
- Use a handwhisk to mix the golden syrup, oil and alkaline water till no oil surfaces. Sift in the superfine flour. Mix lightly to form a dough. Cover and let rest for a few hours. (I let it rest for 4 hours).
- Scale dough to 50 gm each, roll into a ball.
- Scale filling to 100 gm each, wrap a Ferrero Rocher inside the ball of filling.
- Flatten the piece of dough with a rolling pin, wrap a ball of filling inside, roll into a ball.
- Press the ball of dough inside a plunger mould of 170 gm, press out and remove the mould
- Place mooncakes onto a parchment lined baking tray. lightly spray on some water.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 eg.C for about 180 deg.C for 20 mins., remove from oven and let cool for 15 mins. Then apply egg glaze and bake again for about 7 mins. @ 175 deg.C.
- Let mooncakes rest ( 回油) for about 3 to 4 days before consuming.
- Yield : 6 mooncakes.
Please feel free to take a look at my other baked mooncake recipes below :-
Traditional Mixed Nuts Mooncakes
Mixed Nuts and Meat Floss Mooncakes
Baked Chocolate Mooncakes