Someone posted a Pomelo cake recipe on FB recently which prompted me to give it a try. Since pomeloes are also citrus fruits, I adapted the recipe from my Orange Cupcake post, 'here' and the result was a moist, not too sweet delicious pound cake which tasted much better the next day!
Recipe for Pomelo Pound Cake ~ 柚子 蛋糕
- 250 gm butter
- 250 gm self-raising flour
- 179 gm caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp pomelo zest (add more if you wish)
- 85 ml blended pomelo juice
- a pinch of salt
- Sift the self-raising flour with the salt, keep aside.
- Beat butter, pomelo zest and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternating with the pomelo juice till well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Lightly tap the pan on the worktop a few times to expel any air pockets.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 45 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 mins., after which, lift the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.