These vanilla cuppies are stuffed with some mini Reese peanut buttercup candies, topped with a dusting of snow powder and yet another candy. The cake is soft, moist and delicious with a slight tinge of salty peanut butter and chocolate. A good party treat for kids!
Recipe for Vanilla Cupcake with Peanut Buttercup Candies ~ 巧克力花生杯子蛋糕
- 140 gm plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 120 gm caster sugar
- 80 ml canola/corn oil
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (milk + 1 tsp lemon juice/vinegar to make up 1/2 cup)
- Reese mini peanut buttercup candies
- Snow powder/icing sugar and candies for decoration (optional)
- Sieve plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla on low speed to medium, till smooth.
- Pour half wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix well with a ball whisk.
- Mix in half buttermilk.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 till just combined. Do not overmix. Batter is thin and runny.
- Scoop 1/2 batter into paper lined muffin pan, toss in 3 mini peanut buttercup candies, then cover with batter till 3/4 full. (I used an ice cream scoop).
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 20 mins., test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove cakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with some snow powder.
- Yield : 12 cupcakes