These crispy straws, full of cinnamon fragrance are perfect for snacking and great to satisfy your hunger pangs while waiting for lunch or dinner to be served. I kept them in a bottle and they stayed crispy and fresh even after a week.
Recipe for Cinnamon dusted puff pastry straws
- 1 piece frozen puff pastry, thawed (store bought Kawan pastry)
- 1 egg, whisked
- raw sugar
- Lightly whisk the egg.
- Roll out the pastry to 1/8 inch thick, then brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle the whole surface with cinnamon, then sprinkle on the raw sugar.
- Cut into 3/4 inch strips with a sharp knife.
- Twist each strip and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg.C for about 15 - 20 mins till golden brown.
- Let cool and keep in a bottle.
- Yield : 10 pastry straws.