These ribs can be easily made at home, not necessary to order when at a restaurant. The ribs are tender and the meat falls right off the bone. I rub the ribs with spices, cook them in a pressure cooker and finished on the grill with a simple homemade barbecue sauce.
Juicy Pork Ribs ~ 美味排骨
- 800 gm pork ribs
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli paste, 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder, 1/2 tsp mixed dry herbs
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 pips garlic
- 1 tomato, pureed
- 30 ml Rum
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 100 ml water
- Combine paste with 2 tsp of sea salt in a bowl.
- Clean and pat dry the ribs, rub all over with the paste.
- Cover with cling film and leave to marinate, overnight, refrigerated.
- Cook the ribs in a pressure cooker with 200 ml water.
- Remove and place the ribs on a sheet of parchment water, grill for a few mins. and brush with the BBQ sauce.