This is a simple yet delicious dish with a few easily available ingredients. The lemon grass lets outs a citrusy fragrance while the yellow turmeric spice lends a beautiful colour to the dish. Turmeric not only helps to boost food flavours but it also has many benefits which includes helping to ward off dementia and reduce the risk of cancer, just to mention a few.
Lemon Grass Turmeric Chicken ~ 香茅姜黄鸡
- 2 whole leg of chicken, about 700 gm, chopped
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, finely choppped
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.1.2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1.12 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 50 ml water
- a dash of seasalt
- Marinate the chicken with the chopped lemon grass, sauces, brown sugar and turmeric powder for a few hours or overnight.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with the cooking oil, pan-fry the marinated chicken, add in the water, cover with lid and let it simmer till the chicken is tender and cooked thoroughly.
- Fine tune to taste, dish up and serve.