Muffins again! I happened to make these recently and since Pumpkin is the October theme for LTU, I took the opportunity to join in the fun. Not only are these muffins moist and delicious with the cranberries and choc chips, I just can't help admiring the golden hue of the pumpkin in these quick tea bread!
Recipe for Pumpkin Choc Chip Muffins (adapted from 'here' with modification)
- 9 oz plain flour
- 1.1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1.1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz butter
- 6 oz caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9.1/2 oz pumpkin puree
- 100 gm black choc chips
- 50 gm dried cranberries
- Peel off the pumpkin and cut it into chunks. Steam and mash the pumpkin while still warm. Set aside.
- Sift flour with salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Beat butter with the sugar till smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternating with the pumpkin puree till just mixed. Add in the choc chips and cranberries.
- Using an ice cream spoon, scoop the batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg,C for 20 to 25 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield : 15 muffins.
I'll be taking a short vacation and will resume posting in November.
I'm linking this post to the Little Thumbs Up event and for October, the theme is Pumpkin
jointly organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Eileen of Eileen's Diary