These nutty chewies can be quite addictive and they serve as a wonderful snack while watching your favourite movies during the festive season. They can also double up as a gift to relatives and friends.
Recipe for Sunflower Sesame Candy ~ 葵花芝麻糖
- 130 gm sunflower seeds, toasted
- 30 gm sesame seeds, fry till golden brown
- 60 gm caster sugar
- 30 ml water
- 1/2 Tbsp maltose
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- Fry sesame seeds till golden brown.
- Bring to the boil, water and sugar, till sugar has dissolved.
- Add in maltose and vinegar, cook till thick and syrupy. (Droplet forms in water means the syrup is fine).
- Mix in the sunflower seeds followed by the sesame seeds.
- Pour the mixture onto a parchment lined chopping board, cover with another sheet of parchment paper, roll with a rolling pin to as thin as you can.
- Let cool, cut it up or randomly break into pieces.
- Keep the candy in an airtight container in between pieces of parchment paper.
I'm linking this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan. & Feb.2015 Event: Theme
My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-hosted by
Victoria of Baking Into The Ether
'My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)' hosted by
Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by
Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House