These Short Ribs are juicy, tender, slightly sweetish and pair very well with white rice. It's like a Korean dish but I've changed the main ingredients, that's the short ribs from beef to pork.
Recipe for Braised Short Ribs ~ 闷排骨
(adapted from 'here' with modifications)
- 700 gm pork ribs
- 1 large onion pureed
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 China gong pear, peeled and pureed
- 10 gm ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Green peas (optional)
- Wash the pork ribs, pat dry and set aside in a pot.
- Blend the garlic, gong pear, ginger and onion. Pour into the pot of ribs.
- Add in soy sauce, brown sugar and black pepper. Give it a stir.
- Cook on low heat for about 20 mins., lower heat and simmer till semi-dry.
- Fine tune to taste and add in the green peas. Stir for a while and add in the sesame oil.
- Dish out onto a serving plate. Sprinkle on some lightly toasted sesame seeds.
Here, I'm sharing this award to all my fellow food bloggers in the blogging world.
I'm submitting this post to the Little Thumbs Up event, organised by
Zoe of 'Bake for Happy Kids'
Theme for August is Brown sugar and Molasses