I was cracking my head over what to do with the leftover dried fruits and then it dawned on me ...... why not just dump everything together to make some cupcakes and to name them 'Fruity Cupcakes'!
Not only are these Cupcakes colourful, they're yummy too ....... Enjoy with some hot coffee or tea!
- 4 oz butter/margarine
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 4 oz dried fruits (sultanas, kiwi and pineapple)
- 1.1/2 to 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Rind of 1/2 a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Chop up the dried fruits and coat them with some flour from the above recipe.
- Sift flour with salt and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar till light, creamy and thick, then add in eggs, one @ a time. Mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour and mix well.
- Add in the mixed fruits, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Spoon batter into paper cups, 3/4 full and bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 20 to 25 mins. or till golden brown.
- Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Yields 12 Cupcakes.