Salmon fillet baked with a glaze of balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic, quick and easy to prepare and what's more, it's just yummy!
Salmon fillet topped with the balsamic glaze pre-baked and after
Healthy and nutritious and here's how to fix it ........
- 500 gm Salmon fillet - 3 pieces
- Coral lettuce
- Cherry Tomato
- 1 Japanese cucumber - peeled and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey or to taste
- 8 pips of garlic - chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Rinse the salmon fillet, pat dry with kitchen paper, season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper for about 30 mins.
- Cook the chopped garlic with olive oil, add in the balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook till slightly thickened.
- Line a baking try with foil, place the salmon fillet and brush with the glaze.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 190 deg C for about 18 mins. After 9 mins. flip over to the other side, add in more glaze and bake for another 9 mins.
- Put the fillet under the grill for another 2 mins.
- Transfer the fillet to a serving plate, round it up with a salad of coral lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomato. Serve any excess sauce in a cup and add on for more flavour, if desired.