This is a super easy light dish which has appeared in many blogs. I didn't use much oil to cook this and occasionally it will appear on the table whenever I prepare white porridge, much to everyone's delight!
Heat up the wok with some oil, toss in the sliced bittergourd, stir fry. Toss in the eggs, give it quick stir and that's all there is to it!
Fuss free, light and refreshing ....I do find the crunchy bitter gourd, so yummy!
- 350 gm bittergourd
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Some light soya sauce and pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash the bittergourd, cut open lengthwise, remove the seeds and slice it up diagonally.
- Mix in some salt and leave aside for about 15 mins.
- Squeeze out and discard the water from the now limped bittergourd. Rinse and drain.
- Lightly beat up the eggs, add in pepper and light soya sauce.
- Heat up the wok with oil, toss in the bittergourd, stir-fry.
- Add in the beaten eggs, give it a quick stir.
- Add salt to taste and dish up.
- Serve hot with rice or plain white porridge.