This is a very simple, easy to prepare, fuss-free dish which will go very well with plain white rice.
Easy does it ....
All you need to do is just to dump all the ingredients into the wok and cook. Here's how ........
- 500 gm pork ribs, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 60 gm shallots
- 30 gm garlic
- 10 gm ginger
- 2 bird eye chillies
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Thickening - 1.1/2 tsp cornflour + 1 Tbsp water
- Wash the pork ribs and blanch them in hot water, rinse under running tap water, drain and set aside.
- Lightly pound or smash the shallots, garlic, ginger and bird eye chillies.
- Put the pork ribs into the wok together with the pounded ingredients in (2) above. Add in sugar, salt, chilli and tomato sauce.
- Add in the water and bring everything to a boil, then lower heat to simmer till the pork ribs are tender.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar, test for taste.
- Add in the thickening, give it a quick stir.
- Dish out and serve hot with plain rice.