I made this based on my recipe of Black currant chiffon cake but this time used lime marmalade, plain flour and baked in paper cups for a change.
I'll be off-line for a while as I'll be away on a short vacation but once I'm back on homeground I'll be posting again. So, take care, folks!
Recipe for Mini lime marmalade chiffon cake
A. 5 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
30 gm caster sugar
6.1/4 tsp corn/canola oil
B. 100 gm lime marmalade
5 Tbsp boiling water
C. 150 gm plain flour
1.1/4 tsp baking powder
D. 5 egg whites
50 gm caster sugar
1/2 + 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix the lime marmalade with hot water, stir till dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, set aside.
- Cream the egg yolks, sugar, salt and oil till creamy.
- Add the jam mixture into the egg yolk mixture, mix thoroughly with a balloon whisk, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Fold in the flour mixture, mix till well combined.
- Sprinkle the cream of tartar onto the egg whites and beat till foamy.
- Add in the sugar in 3 batches and beat till stiff but not dry.
- Pour half the egg white mixture into the flour mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the balance of egg white and mix till no traces of egg whites are visible.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cups, 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 35 mins. till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Invert the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool before serving.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers # 22 : Lightened Up Cakes (August 2012)