Canned fruits were spoilt for choice during the Chinese New Year and in order not to miss out on the attractive bargains, I bought some home as gifts or for dessert. Chanced upon a recipe for Pineapple Bundt Cake calling for undrained crushed canned pineapple and I was game for an experiment! Although the texture was a bit dense, it wasn't a disappointment as the cake was moist, soft and full of pineapple flavour.
- 8 oz butter
- 7 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 11 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 14 oz crushed pineapple with juice (I blended them)
- A pinch of salt
- Blend the pineapple with juice, set aside.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Cream the butter with sugar till light, soft and creamy.
- Add in the egg yolks one at a time, mix well, followed by the egg whites. Mix till well incorporated.
- Fold in the sifted flour and mix well, scrapping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour the batter into a well greased and flour dusted 10 cup Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 55 to 60 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for about 15 mins., before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.