I made this Zucchini Bread with a big piece of homegrown Zucchini given by a friend. This is very easy to prepare and there's no necessity for a cake mixer. This bread is not too sweet as sugar has been reduced but it's aromatic, full of grated Zucchini, moist and delicious.
Recipe for Zucchini Bread (adapted from 'here' with modification)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil (I used oil)
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.1/2 cup grated Zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice. (I used almond flakes)
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, egg and vanilla till well combined. Stir in the grated Zucchini followed by the oil. Mix till well blended.
- Sift in flour 1/3 at a time with the salt, over the liquid mixture, mix well.
- Add in nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 4 x 9 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preaheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 35 to 40 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 mins. before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.