It's time to get back to some healthy food after having indulged in a variety of 'sinful' foods during the New Year. This is a vegetarian salad, rubbery in texture with crunchy seaweed and the sweetish black vinegar did make this salad very appetising. In fact I could just have it on its own and can never get tired of it!
Recipe for Wood Ear ~ Mu'er Fungus Salad
- 2 cups about 30 gm wood ear fungus, soaked, stemmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.1/2 Tbsp sweet black vinegar OR Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- some chopped coriander
- Bring to the boil a pot of water. Cook wood ear fungus for about 5 mins.
- Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the sauces together, test for desired taste.
- Pour the sauce into the wood ear fungus, toss well, throw in the chopped coriander and sesame seeds.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.