Saturday, January 23, 2010
Dinner at Tanjong Malim
We ordered 3 dishes as there were only 3 of us and what struck me was the dishes were served on rather 'authentic', unchipped porcelain plates instead of melamine plates which are widely used in some restaurants.
The restaurant's signature dish ......'cooked' Garoupa fish fillet instead of steamed. Actually, couldn't make out the difference whether it's 'cooked' or 'steamed'. Quite a generous serving of fish fillet, tasted fresh and good. Cost RM16.00
'Kau Yoke' ....... Braised pork belly with yam, not too bad, except that the pork belly was a bit fatty.
Stir fry 'Kai Lan' or Mustard greens with garlic and oyster sauce .... not too oily but crunchy.
The total cost of the meal with rice and tea came to RM44.00 which was quite reasonable.
I caught the attention of the people in the restaurant while I was clicking away. Curious, the chef and kitchen hands came out to have a look. They must be thinking that I may want to 'clone' their dishes or I'm a reporter for some newsapaper!
Son Wun Nam Restaurant
2 Taman Bunga Raya
35900 Tanjong Malim
Perak, West Malaysia
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (81)
- ► 2014 (84)
- ► 2013 (92)
- ► 2012 (85)
- ► 2011 (116)
- Chinese Churros and Kopi-O
- Braised Pork Belly with Arrowroot/Arrowhead
- Lotus Root Cake - CNY 2010
- Steamed Chinese Sausages with Arrowroot
- Dinner at Tanjong Malim
- Pumpkin Carrot Cake
- Mince meat with Tofu and Sweet Beans
- Mung Bean Biscuits aka 'Luk Tau Paeng' - CNY 2010
- Fried fish with ginger and garlic sauce
- 'Lam Hung and Pak Hung' drink
- Kuih Bangkit ~ CNY 2010
- Shanghai Savoury Pastries
- Steamed mince pork with oysters and water chestnut...
- Fruit Cake
- Hanoi - Dinner at Sen International Buffet
- Hanoi - More random pictures
- Hanoi - Water Puppet show
- Hanoi - Vietnamese Loh Por Paeng and Vietnamese co...
- Hanoi - Tam Coc
- ▼ January (19)