Cooked this dish with deep fried firm Tofu ..... firm Tofu is dense, can be cubed and stir-fried, grilled or baked. It is supposed to be higher in protein, fat and calcium than the other forms of Tofu.
These sweet beans from the Cameron Highlands are crunchy, goes well with the soft tofu. The sweet beans are like green peas, except that they are a bit thicker in texture.
Healthy and nutritious, goes well with rice ........... Enjoy!
Recipe for Minced meat with Tofu and Sweet Beans
- 100 gm minced pork
- 2 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and diced
- 120 gm sweet beans
- 3 pieces of deep fried Tofu, cut into squares
- 3 pips garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp cornflour + 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tsp Shaoxing wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tsp dark soya sauce
- Oil for frying and salt to taste
- 2 Tsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 Tsp light soya sauce
- Dash of pepper
- Saute the chopped garlic with some oil till fragrant, toss in the diced mushrooms and minced pork.
- Stir fry for a while, add in some water and add in the tofu, let it simmer.
- Once the meat is cooked through, toss in the sweet beans.
- Thicken the gravy with the cornflour mixture and add salt to taste.
- Lightly beat up an egg and stir it in.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle in the Shaoxing wine.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice.