Bread again! I tried making this roll with meat floss, savoury for a change and it was yummy.
Dough from the breadmaker after proving and shaping into a ball. Rest for 10 mins.
Roll out the dough, apply some butter/margarine on the surface before spreading in the meat floss. Then roll up tightly just like a swiss roll.
Tuck in the two ends of the roll and place it in a loaf pan, cover with a damp cloth and let it prove for about 30 to 40 mins.
Roll after proving, apply egg glaze followed by sprinkling of almond flakes.
Had this for lunch with a cup of hot coffee. A very light and refreshing meal indeed!
Ingredients for Dough
- 1/2 an egg (25ml) + water to make up 125 ml
- 1.1/2 Tbsp butter/margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 210 gm high protein flour
- 1 Tbsp skim milk powder
- 1.1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- Some meat floss - pork/chicken
- Sesame seeds/pumpkin seeds and flaked almonds.
- Extra butter
- Egg glaze - 1 egg yolk + 1 Tbsp water + a pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients into the pan of the breadmaker according to the sequence of your machine.
- Press 'dough cycle' and let the machine take over from there. This process will take 1.1/2 hrs.
- At the end of the cycle, take out the dough, punch out the gas.
- Shape into a ball, rest for about 10 mins.
- Roll out into an oblong, spread some butter onto the centre of the dough. Add in the meat floss and press a bit to let it stick onto the butter.
- Roll up like a swiss roll. Tuck in the ends of the roll and put the roll into a loaf pan.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it prove for another 30 mins in a warm place.
- Apply egg glaze and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 25 to 30 mins or till loaf is golden brown.
- Remove from pan immediately and let it cool completely before slicing up the roll to serve.