After tucking in all those rich and oily food during CNY now its time for a simple all-in-one meal. Quick and easy to prepare with only a few ingredients and the star is the fried silver fish dressing!
I like this fried rice very much and can never get tired of it. The add on silver fish does enhance the flavour of this fried rice...... just yummy!
- 3.1/2 cups cooked rice, preferably overnight rice
- 120 gm chicken fillet
- 2 eggs
- 40 gm silver firsh, washed and drained
- 60 gm french beans, diced
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp each of : sugar and light soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- a dash of pepper
- Heat up a pan with some oil and stir-fry the washed and drained silver fish till light brown. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the lightly beaten eggs, add in a dash of pepper and light soya sauce. Dish out and set aside.
- Add in some oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken till fully cooked.
- Add in the loosened rice and stir-fry, add in the oyster sauce and sprinkle in some water if it gets too dry.
- Toss in the french beans, give it a quick stir, mix in the fried eggs.
- Fine tune to taste and dish out onto serving plates.
- Sprinkle on a generous amount of silver fish, garnish with some red chillies for colour.
- Serve hot