This is one simple recipe of steamed chicken dish which I'm sure many bloggers have blogged before. Tasty yet easy and quick to prepare, this dish pairs very well with steamy hot white rice.
Recipe for Country style steam chicken
- 400 gm free range chicken chopped to bite size
- 8 dried Chinese mushrooms (soaked, stemmed and sliced)
- 10 gm cloud ears/wan yee (soaked, stemmed and cut)
- 1 knob ginger, pressed for juice
- 2 tsp wolfberries
- 8 red dates (seeded and sliced)
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp each of : salt and sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp light soya sauce
- Chopped spring onions for garnishing
- A dash of pepper
- Marinate the chicken pieces with all the seasoning except the wine.
- Mix in the red dates, wolfberries,mushrooms, ginger juice and cloud ears. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Steam under rapidly boiling water for 20 mins. or till chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Test for taste, turn off heat and drizzle in the wine.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and a dash of pepper.
- Serve immediately with white rice.
I'm linking this entry to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday. Do check it out 'Here'.