This chicken salad is tasty and delicious yet takes very little time to prepare. Looks a bit 'undressed' as I've only used juices as a 'top-up'. Use some orange juice, mix with some calamansi juice, toss in a bit of salt, add in some sugar to taste, mix and just drizzle over .............. tangy and appetising!
This salad is full of citrus flavour and nutritious as well......... want some?
Recipe for Grilled Chicken salad
- 2 chicken legs, skin removed, deboned
- 4 Calamansi ~ Limau Kasturi
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 oranges
- 2 to 3 tsp extra virgin Olive oil
- Curly lettuce or any greens of your choice
- 4 pips garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp Teriyaki honey and soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp each of : salt, sugar and light soy sauce
- a dash of pepper
- Season the chicken legs with the above seasoning, preferably overnight, refrigerated.
- Pan grill the chicken till cooked, let cool, transfer to chopping board, cut to slices.
- Peel, segment 2 oranges, collect any juice in a bowl. Discard membranes, pith and add in the greens.
- Squeeze out the calamansi juce, add sugar, stir till dissolved.
- Add in the extra virgin olive oil, pinch of salt, mix well.
- Pour this dressing onto the salad, toss to combine.
- Arrange salad onto a serving plate, top up with the sliced grilled chicken.
- Serve immediately.