I do like Thai food but sometimes find the dishes too 'lemak' or heavy for my tummy, especially their curries. However, Thai Green Curry has always been on my menu list whenever I patronise Thai food joints. I cooked this curry with Delimas Thai Green Curry Sauce and as you can see from the pictures, the curry is not 'lemak'/thick as I didn't follow fully the instructions on the packet but added more water to suit my taste buds. Also added some palm sugar to enhance the taste.
Recipe for Thai Green Curry
- 400 gm chicken fillet and thigh, cut into chunks and seasoned with some seasalt
- 100 gm capsicum
- 100 gm long beans, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 150 gm egg plant, cubed
- 1 pkt Delimas Thai green curry sauce (180 gm/6 oz)
- 2 to 3 bird's eye chillies, sliced
- 1 red chilli
- 4 kaffir leaves
- 1 tsp palm or brown sugar (optional)
- 1.14 cup water
- Some fresh Thai Basil leaves to garnish
- In a wok, heat up 1.1/2 Tbsp oil and pan-fry the seasoned chicken fillet. Add in 1/2 cup water and simmer till the chicken is cooked through.
- Add in the egg plant, followed by the Thai green curry paste and kaffir leaves, continue stirring.
- Add in the long beans, capsicum, sliced chillies and water, continue stirring. Fine tune to taste.
- Dish out and garnish with Basil leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Thailand) - November Month
hosted by Lena of Frozen Wings