I seem to have developed a fond liking for woodear fungus and here's another dish that I cooked recently. A simple, quick and easy dish with chicken. I just made a soup and some salad and dinner is ready!
Recipe for Braised Chicken with Woodear Fungus
- 600 gm chicken, cut into bite size
- 10 gm dried woodear fungus, soaked, stemmed and cut into strips
- 3 pips of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tsp Shiaoxing wine
- Marinate the chicken pieces for half an hour with the above sauces and sugar.
- Heat up a wok with some oil, throw in the chopped garlic, stir-fry till fragrant.
- Stir-fry the marinated chicken pieces for a while, then add in the woodear strips.
- Add in 1 cup water, once it boils, cover the wok and let it simmer on medium fire till chicken is cooked through.
- Fine tune to desired taste, add in the wine, turn off heat, dish out.
- Serve immediately with rice.