There are many ways that you can enjoy with leftover Panettone. You can use some slices to make a bread pudding, a rum cake or a trifle but I took the easy way out and made them into French toast. They were very fragrant when they were being heated up in the pan, thanks to the cinnamon. But I reckon that the easiest and quickest way is to just simply toast them which I did with some.
Recipe for Panettone French Toast 法国土司面包
- 3 slices of Panettone
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Oil or butter (I used vege oil)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Fresh fruits, honey or maple syrup for serving
- Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a dish.
- Soak the slices of Panettone in the above mixture for about 10 mins., pressing down the slices to ensure that they are thoroughly soaked through.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry the egg soaked slices till golden brown on each side.
- Dish out and drain on a paper kitchen towel.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with some fresh fruits, honey or maple syrup.
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate (Christmas 2014)
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids