If you're a chocolate lover, I'm sure you'll find that these Chocolate cupcakes will satisfy your craving. These cuppies are soft and moist and there's a hidden gem when you bite into them. Chocolate and peanut butter ~ a perfect pairing!
Although the Reese mini peanut buttercup candy is too tiny to be spotted but definitely it can be tasted!
Recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes ~ 巧克力杯子蛋糕
(adapted from 'here' with modification)
- 30 gm cocoa powder
- 110 gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 90 gm caster
- 90 gm light brown sugar
- 80 ml canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (milk + 1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice to make up half cup)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Reese mini peanut buttercup candies (optional)
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla together till smooth.
- Pour 1/2 wet ingredients into dry ingedients, whisk, then pour in the buttermilk and whisk till just combined. Batter will be runny. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the paper lined muffin pan. Halfway through, put in the Reese mini peanut buttercup candy. Then top up with more batter to cover.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 20 to 25 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan before removing them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Yield : 12 cupcakes
I'm submitting this post to the Little Thumbs Up event, organised by
Zoe of 'Bake for Happy Kids'
Theme for August is Brown sugar and Molasses