I just had to finish up the Korean bean paste before it expires and what's more easy to make than to pair them with chicken. For meat, the menu is either chicken or pork in my household for I hardly ever cook with beef in my kitchen. So, here's my fuss-free Korean bean paste chicken........
Recipe for Korean Bean Paste Chicken ~ 韩式酱鸡
- 3 chicken thigh, skinless, deboned and cut into 2 pieces each
- 1 Tbsp Sunchang Ssamjung/Korean Bean Paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour + 1 Tbsp water to thicken
- Lightly toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the bean paste, brown sugar, dark soya sauce, salt and pepper for a few hours, preferably overnight. Set aside.
- Place the chicken pieces onto a non-stick pan, cook on low fire, cover with lid. Reserve the marinade. Turn over the meat now and then.
- Once the chicken is cooked, push them to the side of the pan. Thicken the marinade with the cornflour mixture and pour onto the pan, fine tune to taste and mix in the chicken pieces.
- Dish out onto a serving plate and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with rice.