This is a relatively simple sugar reduced cookie recipe, full of peanut butter flavour with added oats and choc chips. Decorated with a sugary top, these will make a lovely gift for your relatives and friends during this X'mas season!
Recipe for Chocolate Peanut Cookies - 巧克力花生曲奇餅
(adapted from 'Baking - 200 Moreish & Comforting Recipes' with modification)
- 250 gm chunky or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 70 gm dark brown sugar
- 70 gm caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 150 gm plain flour
- 20 gm cocoa powder
- 40 gm rolled oats
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 gm choc chips
- 50 gm raw sugar
- Whisk or sieve flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl, add in rolled oats and mix well, set aside.
- Beat peanut butter, oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs, yoghurt and vanilla till just combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture and add in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for about 30 mins.
- Drop 1 tablespoonful of dough onto a parchment lined baking tray, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle on some raw sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 10 to 15 mins. until set and cracked. Let cool in tray before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight cookie jar.
- Yield : 64 cookies
I'm linking this post to Cook-Your-Books # 29 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2015 hosted by
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids