These muffins, bursting with fresh blueberries are simple and quick to make. Moist, with a cakey crumb and perfect golden brown top, they can be enjoyed as a snack or with afternoon tea.
Blueberry Muffins ~ 蓝莓玛芬
- 260 gm plain flour
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- 125 ml milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canola/corn oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest from 1 orange or lemon
- 1.1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 to 1.1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Whisk the plain flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, zest and salt.
- Whisk the egg, yoghurt, oil and vanilla, thoroughly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir till just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries gently. (If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them).
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the paper lined muffin pan till 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg.C for about 20 mins. till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 5 mins, before removing them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm.
- Yield : 9 muffins