I made this Avocado Chocolate Cake with homegrown avocados and no butter was involved in this recipe. Instead the recipe called for some vegetable oil and the cake turned out moist and soft. Together with the chocolate frosting, the cake was an instant hit with both the adults and kids.
Avocado Chocolate Cake ~ 鳄梨巧克力蛋糕 (adapted from 'here' with modification)
- 384 gm plain flour
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 ripe Avocado, pitted and mashed till very smooth
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and mashed
- 125 gm icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Grease and flour an 8 inch tube pan, set aside.
- Sift or whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, set aside.
- Using a hand-held whisk, whisk the oil, mashed avocado, water, vinegar and vanilla till well combined.
- Whisk sugar into the avocado mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once and mix by hand with a ball whisk till smooth.
- Pour batter into greased tube pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 175 deg.C for 45 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan to cool for about 20 mins. before unmoulding and letting it cool completely on a wire rack, before frosting.
- Mash the avocados in a mixing bowl.
- Sift in icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Mix till well combined with a hand-held whisk.