After having so much food for the past week, I fried this piece of Threadfin block and had it with plain white porridge ........ light and refreshing.
Just pan fry the fish block ..... top it up with some fried garlic and ginger slices, garnish with chopped spring onions, drizzle in light soya sauce.... simple and easy!
Recipe for Fried fish with ginger and garlic sauce
- 180 gm Threadfin (Mai yau) block
- 10 gm young ginger - julienned
- 4 pips garlic - chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil for frying
- Light soya sauce
- Some sea salt
- Spring onions - chopped, for garnishing
- A dash of pepper
- Wash, pat dry and marinate the fish block with some sea salt, set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with the oil and when pan is hot, put in the fish block and fry till slightly brown. Flip over and fry the other side of the fish block. Dish out.
- With the balance oil in the pan, add in the ginger strips and chopped garlic, stir-fry till light brown.
- Scoop this over the fish block, drizzle in some light soya sauce, garnish with the chopped spring onions.
- Serve with plain white porridge or rice.