Cooked this scrumptious dinner recently. High cholesterol, artery clogging ...... doesn't matter, pamper yourself once in a while and indulge! After that, just need to do more exercise to burn off the calories!
Buna Shimeji mushrooms. These mushrooms have a pleasant nutty flavour and slightly crunchy texture. Also a good source of vitamin B1 and Lysine. Lysine is an essential amino acid, while B1 helps with circulation, blood formation and metabolism of carbohydrates. Also helps the nervous system and the brain.
Juicy and yummy with every bite ................... Enjoy!
Recipe for Pan seared Prawns
- 350 gm Large prawns, trim off the eyes, devein but with shell intact
- 160 gm Buna Shimeji mushrooms, trim off the base
- 40 gm garlic, chopped
- 20 gm young ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Some fresh salad
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Dash of pepper
- Rinse the shimeji mushrooms, boil them in a pot of salted water for about 3 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Saute some garlic with 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, toss in the mushrooms, stir-fry on high heat. Some juice will be released, stir-fry till the juice has evaporated, dish out, set aside.
- In the same pan, add in 2 tsp oil, saute the balance chopped garlic, add in the chopped ginger, toss in the seasoned prawns. Stir-fry.
- Add in light and dark soya sauce. Sprinkle in some water occasionally to keep the prawns moist.
- Once the colour of the prawn shells change to orange, they are done.
- Serve on a bed of salad greens with the shimeji mushrooms.