Cooked this Stir-fry Sea asparagus with mixed vegetables for the reunion dinner. It's easy and quick to whip up and the young lotus root slices stayed crunchy, sweet and tasty.
Chewy, sweet sea asparagus coupled with the sweet beans, carrot and lotus root makes a light and refreshing veggie dish!
Recipe for Stir-fry Sea asparagus with mixed vegetables
- 200 gm (1/2 can) sea asparagus, drain and keep stock aside
- 100 gm carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 200 gm young lotus root, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 50 gm sweet beans
- 3 pips garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp cornflour + some sea asparagus stock
- Oil for frying
- Salt and a tinge of sugar to taste
- Saute the chopped garlic with some oil till fragrant.
- Toss in the carrot, stir-fry for a while and add in the lotus root, continue frying.
- Add in the sea asparagus, and stir-fry.
- Add in the sweet beans and some stock.
- Thicken the gravy with the cornflour mixture, add salt and a bit of sugar to taste.
- Turn off heat, drizzle in some Shaoxing wine.
- Dish out and serve hot with rice.