This 'Chocolate Orange Cake' is from the same recipe as my earlier post on 'Chocolate Lemon Cake', except that I substituted lemon with orange rind and juice and given the cake a 'facelift'. I added a chocolate topping trimmed with orange peel for decoration ...... not very good at it though, still plenty of room for improvement!
Ingredients for Chocolate topping
- 4 oz dark cooking chocolate, break into smaller pieces
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive/salad oil
- Steam/melt the chocolate with water and keep stirring over low heat.
- Once the chocolate has melted and it's creamy, add in the oil and turn off the heat.
- Mix well and pour over the cooled cake.
- Decorate with nuts or fruits of your choice.