If you have suddenly developed a 'mental block' and can't think of anything else to cook ....... good old 'Fried Rice' is your saviour. A perfect and delectable one-course meal, wholesome and most reliable!
Quick and easy to prepare and it's best done with left over rice ....... nothing goes to waste!
- 1/2 cup Taj Mahal rice
- 1.3/4 cups water
- 120 gm pork fillet
- 100 gm french beans - diced
- 100 gm prawns
- 50 gm anchovies - washed and drained
- 2 eggs
- Dark, light soya sauce and salt to taste
- Red chilly for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar and a dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp each of oyster sauce, dark soya sauce and sugar, dash of pepper.
- The rice was cooked a day before and refrigerated. Alternatively you can cook the rice early and fry it for dinner.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp of oil and lightly fry the anchovies till slightly brown. Dish out, drain and set aside.
- Add in some oil, scramble the eggs with some salt, dish out and set aside.
- Add more oil if necessary, stir-fry the pork fillet till cooked through. Toss in the loosened rice, add in some dark soya sauce, mix well.
- Mix in the diced french beans, sprinkle in some water if necessary if the rice is dry.
- Toss in the seasoned prawns, mix well.
- Add salt, light soya sauce to taste, turn off heat, mix in the scrambled egg, dish out on serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped red chilly and fried anchovies.
- Serve hot.