O range Bundt cake is another cake that I made recently for the New Year. This cake is indeed delicious with the addition of orange zest and chocolate powder and I must admit that it was a good combination of flavours. Thought you may like to try baking this for the coming Chinese New Year which falls on Monday, 23rd January this year.
Would you like to see the mould?
This is a moist cake and it's really yummy with a pot of nicely brewed coffee or tea!
Recipe for Orange Bundt Cake
- 8 oz butter
- 5 oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7 oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup/250 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 oz brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa/chocolate powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and chocolate powder thoroughly, set aside.
- Sift flour with the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and orange zest till light, creamy and thick.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternatively with the yoghurt, starting with flour and ending with flour. Mix till incorporated scrapping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Put 1/3 batter into a well greased 8 cup Bundt pan, (brush the pan with melted butter or with cooking spray), sprinkle in the chocolate mixture, cover up with another 1/3 batter. Repeat this process.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 40 to 45 mins. or to 1 hour depending on your oven. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 10 mins. before unmoulding cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.