Sweet goodies are usually served to visitors during Chinese New Year and very rarely do we see anything that is savoury. So for this year, I made something different ~ Savoury Chicken Crispies. They taste delicious and family members do agree with me that this is something different from the norm and gave the thumbs up!
These savoury cookies have a slight tinge of chicken flavour and I'm sure they'll stand out amongst their sweetie counterparts during this festive season.
Recipe for Savoury Chicken Crispies
- 1 cup/125 gm plain flour - sifted
- 60 gm butter
- 100 gm chicken flavoured potato chips - crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp chicken granules
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk + 1/8 tsp water to glaze
- Place the sifted flour, crushed chips, chicken granules and salt in the food processor bowl. Add butter. Pulse for 15 seconds or until fine and crumbly.
- Add in the egg yolk, process for 5 seconds or until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead for a while.
- Wrap up the dough with cling film and let chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick in between 2 plastic sheets.
- Cut with a cookie cutter. Arrange cookies on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Apply egg glaze and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 10 mins.
- Makes 30 cookies.
I'm submitting this post to Malaysian Muhibbah Monday. Do check it out 'Here'