Upon going through my cake pans and trays I realised that I had neglected this mini Bundt pan for quite a while. Hmmm, time to take it out and make use of it. These mini Bundts were soft and moist with a nutty texture and weren't overly sweet, just right for breakfast or to serve for tea. The ingredients are a slight resemblance to that for Friands.
Recipe for Hazelnut orange mixed fruit mini Bundt
- 180 gm melted butter
- 75 gm plain flour
- 150 gm icing sugar
- 150 gm hazelnut meal
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 5 egg whites
- 80 gm dried cranberries (chopped)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add hazelnut,orange rind, stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites into a bowl and whisk with a ball whisk till lightly frothy.
- Add in the hazelnut mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the melted butter and chopped cranberries, stir well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into greased and floured mini bundt pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 mins. till golden brown or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 15 mins., before unmoulding and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Yield : 12 mini Bundt cakes.
I'm linking this post to the Little Thumbs Up event, theme for this month is 'Orange', organised by
and hosted by Ann of Anncoojournal