I made this Chestnut Chiffon Cake after reading the post from Honey Bee Sweets blog but mine is devoid of any 'make up' and is a plain Jane. Nevertheless, the texture of this chiffon is soft, moist and fluffy and I can indulge more on this cake as it's so light and can hardly fill my tummy even after devouring 3 slices :)
Recipe for Chestnut Chiffon Cake (adapted from 'here')
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 ml water
- 70ml vegetable oil
- 125 gm chestnut ) Puree
- 40 ml milk )
- 100 gm superfine flour
- 4 egg whites
- 80 gm caster sugar
- In a blender puree the chestnuts with the milk, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks, water, oil and mix well. Add chestnut puree and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, mix till free of lumps.
- Beat egg whites, gradually add sugar and beat till soft peaks form but not dry.
- Add egg whites into egg yolk mixture in 3 portions. Mix well till free of lumps.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 8 inch chiffon cake pan. Use a toothpick or chopstick to run over the batter to expel air.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 160 deg.C for 40 to 45 mins. till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Invert the pan immediately on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Run a sharp knife round the pan to unmould the cake.
I'm linking this post to 'Bake Along' and this week's theme is Chiffon Cakes
jointly hosted by