I was so happy when I saw Elin of Elinluv's Tidbits Corner posted the recipe for Smoked Chicken. I quickly bookmarked it as sometimes I'm at a loss at what to prepare for dinner and this recipe comes in handy as it's simple to prepare. This is a tasty dish and it's finger licking good, trust me!
Recipe for Smoked Chicken (adapted from 'here')
- 1/2 free range chicken, with skin
- 1/2 Tbsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp seasalt
- some tea leaves (I used Chinese tea leaves)
- Marinate the chicken with the five spice powder, black pepper and seasalt for a few hours. (I did it overnight and kept in the fridge).
- Pan sear and cook the chicken in a non-stick pan till it's 3/4 cooked.
- Line a wok with a piece of foil.
- Sprinkle some tea leaves and sugar over the foil.
- Place a steamer rack over the foil.
- On medium heat, heat up the wok till smoke emits.
- Place chicken on the rack, cover and smoke for 20 mins.
- Turn off heat, cool chicken, cut it up and serve.