The method of preparing this Choc Banana Tea Bread is somewhat similar to preparing muffins and you needn't have to use your stand or handheld mixer. All you need to do is just to mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, pour into a pan and bake. I enjoyed it when taken warm especially the crunchy sweet sugary top!
Recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread ~ 巧克力香蕉面包
- 113 gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 230 gm plain flour
- 30 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 130 gm caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 100 gm dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 454 gm, net wt., very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- Demerara sugar or coarse brown sugar (optional)
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt till well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, mash the bananas, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with Demarara sugar or coarse brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 55 mins to 1 hour till golden brown.
- Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and unmould the tea bread.
- Serve warm or @ room temperature.
I'm linking this post to the 'Little Thumbs Up' event, the theme for March is "Banana"