This is a very easy and quick ice cream recipe without the need for cooking the custard and the end product is just as smooth. I reduced the amount of sugar for the ripe mangoes were already very sweet and the sweetness was just to my family's liking!
Recipe for Mango Ice Cream ~ 芒果冰淇淋 (adapted from 'here')
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 90 to 100 gm sugar
- 2 ripe mangoes, mash up the meat or grate the mango
- Blend the cream and sugar on low speed to let the sugar mix well with the cream, for about 15 to 30 secs.
- Add milk, blend till everything mixes well together.
- Add in the mango pulp, blend again, till creamy.
- Cover this mango mixture and chill in the fridge, overnight.
- Churn this mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions, about 30 mins.
- Pour this into a container and freeze before serving.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (November 2015 Event: Mango)