The month of December is both the holiday and fete season which makes it the perfect time to enlist your kids to help in making these Fairy Cupcakes. I'm sure these will be a crowd pleaser especially with kids at your X'mas get together.
Recipe for Fairy Cupcakes ~ 仙女纸杯蛋糕
- 4 oz butter
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Snow powder
- Beat the butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one @ a time, mix well.
- Sift in the flour, mix well.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Put the batter into cupcake liners using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 20 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a cone shaped piece from the top of the each cupcake, about 4cm wide and 1.5cm deep. Cut each cone-shaped piece of cake in half. Fill up the hole with some marmalade or whatever jam you fancy. Arrange the two cut pieces on top. Dust with snow powder.
- Yield : 7 Cupcakes
Here are some of my previous X'mas posts :-
Bishop'sCake or Stained Glass window Cake
Pistachio Mixed fruits White Chocolate Bark
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2015 hosted by
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids