A simple chicken dish, enhanced with fermented black beans and oyster sauce together with a generous amount of ginger and garlic. The kitchen was simply aromatic as I was sauteing the chopped garlic, ginger and fermented black beans. Must admit it was a delicious dish to pair well with white rice.
Black Bean Chicken ~ 豉汁鸡
- 750 gm (3 whole leg of chicken, cut into bite size)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1.1/2 Tbsp fermented black beans
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 6 pips garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken
- Season the chicken with a bit of salt, set aside.
- Heat up a wok with some oil, saute the chopped ginger, garlic and black beans till fragrant.
- Add in the chicken, sir fry for a while, add in the oyster sauce.
- Add in 1.1/2 cups of water and let it simmer till chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Toss in the sliced onions, add in the cornflour thickening and fine tune to taste.
- Dish out and serve with rice.