Easy to make with only a few ingredients and punctuated with a slight sweetness of fig preserve, these little Friands are ideal to serve for tea or a get together with friends. There's no creaming of butter and sugar, just melting some butter and light whisking of egg whites which is not time consuming and which can be prepared in a jiffy.
Orange Friand with Fig Preserve ~ 无花果费南雪
- 100 gm melted butter
- 80 gm icing sugar
- 40 gm plain flour
- 70 gm alomond meal
- 3 egg whites
- Zest from an orange or lemon
- Fig preserve (optional)
- Sift icing sugar and flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add in almond meal and zest, mix well.
- Whisk egg whites till frothy, make a well in the centre of the dry ingrdients and pour in the egg whites.
- Add in melted butter, give it a good stir, and mix well.
- Scoop batter into a lightly greased Friand pan, about 1/4 full and add in a small piece of fig preserve. Cover with more batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C till golden brown, about 15 - 20 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 mins. before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Yield : 6