This is a moist cake, not overly sweet because I've reduced the sugar content, and it's perfect with a nice cup of tea............ may even consider making it for X'mas too!
I let it cool in the Bundt tin for about 5 mins, before turning it over and quickly dusted some icing sugar on top for decoration, while the cake was still warm .......
the dried pineapple were still crunchy after being baked
Doesn't it look inviting ....... come share it with me!
Recipe for Pineapple Sour Cream Cake
- 7 oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Canola/Olive Oil
- 12 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 130 gm dried pineapple, chopped and coated with some flour
- 250 ml light sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsps lemon juice
- Chop up the pineapple, coat with some flour from the above 12 oz plain flour. Set aside.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the sugar and eggs till light, fluffy, thick and creamy.
- Add in the canola oil. Mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream, starting with flour and ending with flour. Mix well till the sour cream is fully incorporated and no white streaks remain.
- Add in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Lightly fold in the chopped and flour coated pineapple.
- Transfer to a lightly greased and floured Bundt tin.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degC for about 1 hr. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Cool cake in tin for about 5 mins before removing it onto a rack.
- Dust with icing sugar on the cooled cake.
- Serve cake when completely cooled.