I steamed this piece of Garoupa fish fillet on a bed of soft silky beancurd and came up with a two-in-one dish. Sprinkled on some fresh basil leaves to garnish along with chopped spring onions and garlic crisps. This dish is light and refreshing and goes very well with white rice.
Simple yet healthy dish suitable for both lunch or dinner.
- 200 gm Garoupa fish fillet
- 6 pcs white firm tofu ~ beancurd
- 4 pips garlic, chopped
- 2 bird eye chillies, chopped
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Spring onions
- Light soya sauce
- Salt and Seasalt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Wash the piece of fish fillet, pat dry and season with a bit of seasalt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up the oil and lightly fry the chopped garlic. Set aside.
- Arrange the pieces of beancurd on the bottom of the plate and sprinkle on a bit of salt.
- Place the piece of fish fillet on top of the beancurd.
- Sprinkle on the chopped bird eye chillies.
- Add in 1.1/2 Tbsp water.
- Steam under rapidly boiling water for 10 mins. or slightly more, depending on the thickness of fish.
- Remove dish from the steamer.
- Add in the garlic oil, sprinkle on the fresh basil leaves, spring onions, drizzle on some light soya sauce. Add in a dash of pepper.
- Serve hot with rice.